Tuesday, September 2, 2008

WE'RE BACK...

OCTOBER 7, 2004


Hello everyone! As I am sure most of you know, we are safe and sound at home in America! YEAH!!!! I couldn't update because our computer has been broken until today. We arrived in Atlanta on September 14th. We have been home 3 weeks and are loving it! Alyssa has done excellent! Well, she has her moments, but that is to be expected. All in all, she has done better than I could ever ask of her. She has blended right into our family just like she has always been there. We are so proud of her.
Her eating habits have seemed to improve. While in Ukraine, she would eat ANYTHING you put in front of her. When we got home, she wouldn't eat anything except for bread and bananas. Everything else she would spit out. But she is doing better and is trying more things.
She is learning English fast! She still speaks a little Russian, but less of it everyday, which I think is kindof sad. We put her in preschool already which she loves! Her first day of school was on her birthday on Sept. 29th. She turned 3. We had a huge drop-in welcome home shower/b-day party. A lot of people came and she got A LOT of great stuff!
Well, that is all for now. I have to check my e-mail I haven't checked in 3 weeks. I will send some recent photos soon.
Julie Nolte

No comments: